Friday, March 05, 2010

Roger Ebert's Oscar Picks


I have been a fan of Roger Ebert since I was 10 years old. Every Sunday I couldn't wait to open the Arts and Culture section of the Inland Empire Press Enterprise (don't laugh) to read his review of the latest flicks. Even now he has one of the most entertaining and informative websites about film (and life) in general, out there. I often peruse his old movie reviews to see how closely his opinion of a film will coincide with mine. Ebert's been getting a lot of attention lately, mainly because of his struggle with oral cancer. If anything positive has come out of it, I think people have begun to realize what a talented and eloquent writer he is and not just the chubby "thumbs up/down" movie critic. In light of the Oscars coming up this weekend, here's Ebert's picks to win.

No comments: