Friday, October 23, 2009

Oy veyer, Screenwriting contests


A while back I mentioned that I'd enrolled in a screenplay competition from NYC Midnight. It's kind of a fun flash fiction competition where you have to write a 5 page screenplay in 48 hours. There are four rounds and the results just came in on the 1st round. I did alright..3rd place in my heat (of 17 ppl). Thankfully, we have three more rounds so I have a chance to avoid making the mistakes of the last round. Anyways I just got my task for this round: I have to make a sci-fi genre script that takes place in a fish farm and includes a plunger. Great..why can't I get comedy or drama? I'm always getting sci-fi, horror, or monster movie- genres I know least about. Oh well- here goes. I'll let you know how I do on this round :)

No comments: