Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Harry Potter



I was a late joiner to the Harry Potter phenomenon; having subsisted on books like The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test and The House of Mirth since I was 13, I'd assumed the Potter books were far too juvenile for my refined, upper-division community college level tastes. Boy was I wrong-they are humble, imaginative books with a warm cuddly heart that gave me that same feeling of excitement and wonder I had when I first read C.S. Lewis' Narnia series. You don't get that feeling often as an adult reader so I appreciated that reminiscent quality. By the time I'd started reading the books, the Order of the Phoenix movie had already come out. So I kind of got to cheat a little and see the movies after I'd read all the books. So as you can imagine I am super-jazzed that the New Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie is coming out this month. And I found cool slideshow that gives you over a hundred photos from the movie to tie you over until it comes out-Enjoy!

No comments: