Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bryce Dallas Howard

I'm well aware of the popularity of the Twilight books, and how they've encourage a generation of young women to stop watching gossip girl for 20 seconds and start reading books again. But let me make clear that I am not a Twilight fan by any means. They just seem kind of hokey and romance-novel-ish. These girls should be reading A Wrinkle in Time or Harry Potter instead. But my opinion on that is immaterial. What brings me to a conversation on Twilight is a story I read today thats been going around the internet. Apparently, one of the stars of the Twilight movie Rachelle Lefevre was replaced by Bryce Dallas Howard . As most people now Bryce is the daughter of Hollywood icon Ron Howard. And call me weird, but there seems to be a bit of nepotism going on with the roles Bryce keeps getting. This is the second time Bryce has replaced another actor in a really popular movie. She previously had replaced Charlotte Gainsbourg in the Terminator Salvation movie. How is she getting these parts?? I hope this isn't a case of daddy getting other actors pushed out of parts so she can advance her career. I don't want to believe that's the case, but usually when a fairly unknown actor lands a hot role, they don't just give it up to anyone walking by unless there's some strong-arming going on. Let's hope that we don't see Bryce Dallas Howard sitting next to Simon Cowell at the judges seat in the next season of AI, because then we'll really know something bads going on. Here's an interesting article on nepotism in Hollywood.

No comments: