Monday, March 8, 2010
It's been a long night of editing...
And we're pretty tuckered out. A is putting the final touches on our latest Citybeat vid. This video was interview and rehearsal footage with the band Lights On, and as can happen, we had some audio issues. Mainly a lot of distortion and hot levels from our XHA1. Thankfully with our second camera, the S11 we were able to grab some decent audio for the vid. It seemed pretty strange to us that the higher-end camera (and professional boom) did a worse job catching the audio than the "consumer" level S11. But normally the XHA1 does a great job with audio, so I'm guessing it was just the small room we recorded in coupled with the strange bounce off the walls of the space. Either way we ended up with solid audio and were able to make a decent cut of the footage. We should have it up tomorrow. I found an interesting article you can read here that has some great tips for reducing audio distortion.
That's it for us tonight. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow, as we're going to do some spring cleaning on our Imac. It's funny-now that we're using two HD cams on our shoots, we really didn't realize the space hog it was until a message popped up on our computer that we only had 1GB of space left! Geez. So, we need to clear up some space. Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Ciao for tonight :)