Monday, November 09, 2009

Where the Wild Things are review


Soo..two weeks later than planned we went to see "Where the Wild Things Are" aaaand...meh, unfortunately. I wanted to love it so bad. But after 1 and a half hours of basically the same exact images and scenes over and over again I felt kind of bored. The movie is basically 2 hours of what you saw in the trailer. Awesome, looking fuzzy monsters and a cool little boy running wild in the forest, yelling at each other and throwing things. It's fun and silly, but there was really no plot. It was just the characters chasing and fighting with each other. The look of the film is spectacular-a golden glow lays over everything and the sets are a perfect mix of fun make-believe and a dark nightmare world. It is a very imaginative setting, but ultimately, the cool visuals were not enough to keep me entertained without a meaningful plot. So there it is..I'm disappointed in myself for not liking the movie, and disappointed in the movie itself for not meeting my expectations. But oh well, that's just my opinion-and I'm sure there are plenty of people who will love this movie and watch it over and over on DVD. Just not me. Ciao for now..We'll have our latest vid up tomorrow.

No comments: